Monday, January 9, 2012

Medical Bracelet

You know, I think when I was 14, I was down with asthma attack. My parents were performing hajj at that time . My grandmother and my aunt were responsible for taking care of me and the siblings.


It was so bad, that I couldn't even get up from bed. I felt like I'm dying. I don't remember if I went to the clinic but I couldn't eat anything. Because I don't even have the energy to eat. That was how bad it is.


My last asthma attack was the time when I was doing my volunteering works at the National Zoo. Lol. What a name. Ok. It was not as bad as when I was 14. But still. I have so much difficulties in breathing. 

It kinda strucked me if I'll ever have an asthma attack here. Would people even notice that I'm having my asthma? It was so long since I've had one. Nobody knew exactly that I have asthma. They only knew I'm allergic to NSAIDS. Which is just the beginning of the story.

I'm allergic to penicillin as well. And the matter of fact, I have a strain of another antibiotics that I'm allergic to but I have never been exposed to it. So. No one knows which strain of antibiotic it is. And I'm allergic to cephalosporins. One of the most potent antibiotics for infections.


That's why. It's so vital for me. Not to get sick at all. Even when the doctors saw my medical bracelet, they will cringe before they said what should they prescribed for me. At the end of the day, I'm only allowed to take paracetamol or acetaminophen (panadol or tylenol).


The reason why I wrote all this? I don't know. Prolly because if anything happened to me, and if by any chance someone is reading this, they might help me. I don't think people even realised that I'm wearing a medical bracelet. They thought I'm a fan of rock or hard core or something and that's why I wear this hideous looking bracelet -..- seriously. 


Therefore, helping injured people 101, check them to see if there is any indication that they are prone to any particular conditions. It's important to be highly observant because you don't want to end up killing them. 


Anaphylaxis is a fatal allergic reaction. That's what going to happen if I take all the medicine listed above excluding paracetamol and acetaminophen.

2 comments:

  1. Because medical ID's are typically quite small, and a person's medical history can be very lengthy and detailed, there are several abbreviations that can be used on Medical ID's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mine doesn't have any abbreviations. Though I hope I don't need to add more in the list.

      Delete